FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How does the matchmaking work?
At a matchmaking event people meet and greet at high speed. Bilateral meetings take usually 15 minutes, which is usually enough to forge business/research/technological connections. Then the bell rings and the next meeting starts.
Each participant registers with a cooperation profile (and/or marketplace profile) which will be displayed at the event website. Each participant can online select meetings with other participants they would like to personally talk to. A few days before the event, each participant will receive a meeting schedule, showing WHO he will meet WHEN and WHERE.
What are the benefits of participating in the b2b matchmaking event?
All participants can present their expertise/projects/technologies online already BEFORE the event. The cooperation profiles will be extensively promoted. Participants can get in contact with each other already before the event and know exactly who they will meet at the event. A matchmaking event therefore presents a very efficient and focused way of finding new collaboration partners.
What type of information do I need to fill in the registration form?
- Form 1: Participant type (Startup, Corporate, Other)
- Form 2: Your contact details - provide us with information about the organisation you are working for, its focus and areas of activity.
- Form 3: Agenda sessions - select your participation at the event. Do not forget to register for the b2b meeting session, if you are interested.
Is that information enough?
- If you are participating at the b2b meetings, no! You will need to fill out your complete profile and maybe add some marketplace profiles, where you explain concretely e.g. the technology/product/project you are working on, its innovative aspects, the current stage of development and the target partner sought.
- Your cooperation and marketplace profiles are your virtual business card - the higher the quality, the more participants will select you for bilateral meetings!!!
Who is the Participant?
The Participant is the person who will participate in the matchmaking event and who is responsible for the inserted profiles. Participants should indicate their contact details (especially e-mail and mobile phone number) to be directly informed about registration, agendas, changes in the event set-up.
Marketplace Profiles - Is it possible to insert more than one profile?
Yes, it is. Every participant has the possibility to insert several profiles. Please note that profiles are associated with participants. The same organisation can be registered several times with different participants (contact persons).
Is it possible to modify my profile?
Yes, it is. In your personal Dashboard you can use the tabs to modify any of the content you have already inserted.
When will my profile be online?
Every profile will be quality checked by the event organizer.
If it meets the quality criteria it will be put online, if not, you will be contacted by the event organizer to adapt your profile.
How can I book and schedule my meetings?
- Booking is opened about 2-3 weeks before the event after most of the participants have registered.
You will be informed by email about the start of the booking.
- Once booking has started, go to Participants menu or the Marketplace menu, at the top of the page.
- Browse through the participants or the Marketplace entries. Use the filter options to find appropriate meeting partners. You can filter participants by country, organization type or business fields or search by their names. In the Marketplace menu you can search by opportunities. Only the participants who selected common matchmaking sessions will be shown as available to you. The number of meetings you can request, accepted requests and open requests will be displayed at the top of the page.
- Click on View profile to see the complete participant profile or the Marketplace entries. You will have the participant's information here.
- Send a meeting request via the Request Meeting button. You can add a message in order to introduce yourself.
- The meeting will have the 'Request sent - Waiting for response' status until the moment when the invited participant will accept it and choose its time slot.
Meetings will only be visible in the Agenda after they are accepted.
The participant sending the request:
The Participant receiving the request:
Why do I receive none or only a few meeting requests?
- Have you activated the B2B meeting checkboxes?
Only a few?
- The better your profile the more meetings requests you will receive. Often companies want to bypass the registration quickly and do not insert meaningful and qualitative organisation descriptions and collaboration wishes (I am offering ..., I am looking for ...). A low quality profile doesn't animate other companies to get in contact with you ... Why publish a high quality collaboration profile?Cooperation profiles give you the opportunity to publish and promote your collaboration wishes before and after the event.Event participants but also any other web user can find and read your organisation details and your published cooperation wishes. A statistical analysis of 500 matchmaking events showed that high quality profiles are visited about 50 to 150 times.The better your profile the more meetings requests you will receive at the end.
All meetings will start at the exact time mentioned in your agenda and will last 20 minutes, in order to accommodate the maximum number of meeting requests. Please help us make this more effective by being at your meeting on-time, i.e. a few minutes beforehand, in order to find the table and your meeting partner!
When will I get my personal meeting schedule?
- A couple of days before the event you will receive a preliminary meeting schedule by email (which contains most of the meetings)
- On the day of the event you will get your (more or less) final meeting schedule by email and you will be able to access it online.
- At the event reception desk use the b2match app
I would like to reschedule a meeting! Is this possible?
In order to reschedule a meeting, you need to cancel and request it again.
- Go to the Meeting's menu at the top of the page.
- Choose the meeting you want to reschedule from the list of meetings and click on it.
- Cancel the meeting by clicking on Cancel meeting.
- Click on Book meeting.
- Send your meeting request again by clicking on Send request and adding an optional message.
I cannot attend some of my meetings! Help!
Check your meeting schedule by clicking on "Meetings" at the top menu, once you have logged. In case you cannot attend some of your meetings, please cancel them beforehand. This is a kind of polite behavior as your meeting partners will be informed about your absence and they do not have waste their time waiting for a person who doesn’t show up.
Manage meetings in real-time at the event via an app!
As booking is open during the whole event any printed meeting schedule may not contain the latest status of the meetings anymore (e.g. new bookings, last minute cancellations).
Therefore, we encourage you to download the b2match mobile App or to check the latest version of your schedule via your Mobile phone’s Internet Browser at all times.
The b2match app can be downloaded on iPhones, iPads or Android devices in order to be able to:
- check your meeting agenda in real time
- manage further meetings on-site during the event.
Download the app for:
You can login via email, LinkedIn or Google. Please note that your credentials are the same email address and password that you use to login to the event website.
Need more help?
We will be there to assist you with your meetings and all issues that you might have at all times of the conference! Look for the dedicated helpdesk in the B2B meetings.